Serving northwest Georgia and northeast Alabama since 1970, Georgia Highlands opened the 100,000-square-foot campus building in Cartersville in 2005. The Cartersville campus is due for another building in 2013.
Georgia Highlands offers two-year, associates degree programs; web-based, DVD and hybrid courses; and has cooperative programs with regional technical colleges for workforce-ready degrees.
Academic divisions include Health, Natural Sciences and Physical Eduation; Humanities; Mathematics; and Social Sciences and Businesses.
- Hours: Business office: Mon - Thu, 8am - 5:30pm; Fri, 8am - 3pm; Sat, Sun, closed; Hub: Mon - Thu, 8am - 5:30pm; Fri 8am - noon; Sat, Sun, closed; Bookstore: Mon - Thu, 8am - 6:30pm; 8am - 5pm, Fri, 8am - noon; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: parking, ramps, elevator
- Founding Date: 2005
- Number of students: 2000
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 64
- Accreditation/licenses: Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; National League of Nursing Accrediting Commission; Georgia Board of Nursing; Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 23:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Degrees: Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Evening, Part-time, Study abroad, Summer studies
- Campus housing: No