Cartersville Middle School
Educating 6th- through 8th-grade students, Cartersville Middle School offers athletics, clubs and other extracurricular activities such as band, chorus and Spanish classes; keyboarding, technology, art and personal skills; and a variety of sports.
With more than 16 average years of experience, 63 percent of Cartersville Middle teachers hold advanced degrees.
Areas of study include language arts, reading, math, science and social studies.
- Fax: 770-387-7495
- Hours: Office and administrative hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm. Classes: Mon - Fri, 7:55am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking and a ramp are available.
- Number of students: 899
- Male-to-female ratio: 1.02:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 10:7
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 65
- Grade levels: 6 - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Football, basketball, track, soccer, softball, cheerleading, tennis, golf and wrestling; 4-H, Bible Club, Y-club, Chess Club, Beta Club and Student Council; art shows, concerts, assemblies, Honors Day
- Student clubs: 4-H, Bible Club, Y-club, Chess Club, Beta Club, and Student Council
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, track, soccer, softball, cheerleading, tennis, golf and wrestling