Cartersville High School
Cartersville High School, which serves students from 9th to 12th grade, has a professional staff of 66 people. On average, staff members have about 16 years of professional experience; seventy-eight percent of them hold advanced degrees.
The areas of study here include math, science, social studies, career tech, humanities and fine arts/foreign languages, as well as art, band, chorus and Spanish. Extracurricular activities encompass a variety of sports, clubs and other activities. The school is the home of the Purple Hurricanes.
- Fax: 770-382-0701
- Hours: Office and administration hours: Mon - Fri, 7 am - 4pm. Class hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is designated parking, and a ramp.
- Founding Date: 1889
- Number of students: 1,103
- Male-to-female ratio: 1.07:1
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 66
- Grade levels: 9 - 12
- Boarding: No
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: English, Spanish, Fine Arts, Social Studies, Science
- Extracurricular activities available: Various sports, clubs and activities
- Student clubs: Academic, Art, Band, Beta, Bible, CAHISCO, CBE, Chipper, Chorus, Y, Drama, Debate, FBLA, FCA, Math, Science and Spanish Honors, Student Council, TASK Force, Technology, Theater, Transportation, VICA, Democrats, Republicans
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, baseball, softball, cheerleading, wrestling, gymnastics, volleyball, cross-country, tennis, golf, soccer, track, swimming