recently announced winners of its “Name the Robot” art contest.
Open to all kindergarten through fifth-grade elementary school children in Cartersville and Bartow County, thousands of entries were received. The contest is part of the continuing launch and awareness campaign for the hospital’s .
The purpose of the contest was to allow a student in the community to be creative, name the new robot and learn how technology advances healthcare delivery. Students were encouraged to draw their perception of how a medical robot would look and to name the robot. Art teachers and administrators from area schools assisted with the successful communication of the contest to their students.
Keagan Williams, fifth-grader at , won the grand prize for “Leonardo,” including an award ribbon and $100 cash.
Taking first-place honors were:
- Third through fifth grade category: Jordan Crook, fourth grader at Pine Log Elementary School, for “Medibot 2000;” and
- Kindergarten through second grade category: Jada Gravitt, first grader at Pine Log Elementary School, for “Robee.”
The first place winners each received an award ribbon and $25 cash.
Other winners included:
- Second Place: Vanna Beach, fifth grader at Mission Road Elementary School, for “Caring Carla” and Molly Centers, first grader at Pine Log Elementary School, for “Sunshine;”
- Third Place: Olivia Flynn, third grader at Hamilton Crossing Elementary School, for “Dr. Fix-a-Lot” and Violet Lopez, first grader at Mission Road Elementary School, for “Dr. Help;” and
- Honorable Mention: Evan Crane, fourth grader at Hamilton Crossing Elementary School, for “Dr. Armstrong” and Jordanna Sensing, first grader at Cartersville Primary School, for “Dr. Sally.”
The winning entries will be on display at Cartersville Medical Center for a limited period of time, and then returned to the respective artist.
For more information about the da Vinci Si System at Cartersville Medical Center please visit www.CartersvilleRobotics.com, or for a free physician referral, contact MedLine at 800-242-5662.