With funding from a Georgia Department of Transportation grant program that allows local governments to decide on projects, Bartow County is set to build two new roads to accommodate LakePoint Sporting Community & Town Center.
LakePoint Parkway and Bass Pro Parkway will intersect a portion of the massive sports complex under way in Emerson near Cartersville, according to preliminary plans released by the Bartow County Road Department, attached.
Set for the development's South Campus, the north-south LakePoint Parkway, at two-thirds of a mile, will intersect Allatoona Road near Interstate 75, while the east-west Bass Pro Parkway, at nearly a half a mile, will lead to a new Bass Pro Shops store from Highway 41, according to LakePoint's renderding of the South Campus.
About a half mile of Old Allatoona Road or Highway 293 also is set to be relocated south of LakePoint.
Take a look at the plans and tell us what you think in the comments, share your photos and videos, and don’t miss any of the local news you care about—subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- GDOT OKs Road Contract for LakePoint Sporting Community
- North Georgia Residents Asked to Participate in LakePoint Health Survey
- Report: Coca-Cola Lab Set for LakePoint
- Plans Take Shape for Mini America Park at LakePoint
- LakePoint Breaks Ground: Are You Excited?
- What Are They Saying About LakePoint?
- Wake Park Closes on Land at LakePoint
- LakePoint Pushes Opening to 2014