The man's girlfriend called authorities to a Reynolds Bridge Road home in Kingston, where he was being treated by emergency medical crews, and said the two had been at a bonfire with a few other people at home off Kingston Highway, according to the Bartow County Sheriff's Office incident report, above.
Having trouble viewing the incident report? Click here.
She "said everyone was trying to get the fire started and a 9-year-old boy "threw a cup of gasoline onto (the victim) and it ignited, setting him on fire," the report says. "Everyone was able to stop the fire that was burning (him) and (she) took him back to his residence and contacted 911."
The burned man was to be transported via helicopter to a burn unit, according to the report.
Tell us what you think in the comments, share your photos and videos, and don’t miss any of the local news you care about—subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.