It's been a busy week for Bartow County-Cartersville Drug Task Force agents, who are part of the Federal Bureau of Investigation Safe Streets Task Force.
According to a press release, Thursday about 6 a.m., task force, , , Immigration and Customs Enforcement and the U. S. Marshal’s Northwest Georgia Fugitive Task Force executed a search warrant and served several arrest warrants throughout the city of Cartersville and Bartow County.
Sheriff Clark Millsap and CPD Chief Tommy Culpepper say officers searched 15 Summit Street and arrested Jovani Alexander Maldanado-Gordillo on drug charges. Seven others were arrested by ICE for pending immigration issues.
At 31 Young Street, Carlos Garcia Melendez was arrested on drug charges and two others were arrested by ICE for immigration issues.
Officers then arrested Shashonia Latrice Green, Aaron Ray Evans, and Ashley Ann Marie Lujan on various drug charges at before continuing to another local motel.
At , Jamie Cornell Watson was arrested on drug charges.
Officers also arrested several others at locations including 131 Evergreen Trial, Apartment B, where Jonathan McCuan Burns was arrested on drug charges; 16 Nicholas Lane, where agents arrested Nicole Janet Statler on drug charges and Jess Alberto Reyes on weapons charges; 111 Neal Street in Calhoun, where Frederick Rashad Kemp was arrested on drug charges; and 330 Roth Lane in Cassville Oaks Apartments, where agents arrested Jason Lyle Bennett on drug charges.
Capt. Mark Mayton said in the release the search and arrest warrants were the result of several months of investigation into the sale of methamphetamine, cocaine and prescription drugs, and drugs and guns were seized.
Investigations are ongoing and authorities expect more arrests in the near future.
As a result of the operation, the following individuals were arrested and transported to the :
- JOVANI ALEXANDER MALDANADO-GORDILLO, 22, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville, was charged with two counts of sale of cocaine.
- CARLOS GARCIA MELENDEZ, 27, of 31 Young St., Cartersville, was charged with two counts of sale of cocaine.
- SHASHONIA LATRICE GREEN, 41, of 803 Joe Frank Harris Parkway, Cartersville, was charged with two counts of the sale of Schedule III substance and sale of a Schedule IV narcotic.
- ARRON RAY EVANS, 24, of 803 Joe Frank Harris Parkway, Cartersville, was charged with the sale of Schedule II drug.
- ASHLEY ANN MARIE LUJAN, 22 years of age of 803 Joe Frank Harris Parkway Cartersville, Georgia charged with Sale of Schedule II.
- JAMIE CORNELL WATSON, 35, of 204 East Felton Road, Cartersville, was charged with conspiracy to sale marijuana.
- NICOLE JANET STATLER, 22, of 16 Nicholas Lane, Cartersville, was charged with conspiracy to sale marijuana.
- JESSE ALBERTO REYES, 22, of 16 Nicholas Lane, Cartersville, was charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
- MELLISA JOY SPROLES, 22, of 4183 Dustin Drive, Acworth, was charged with party to the crime of the sale of Schedule IV narcotic.
- FREDERICK RASHAD KEMP, 20, of 111 Neal Street, Calhoun, was charged with the sale of a Schedule IV substance.
- JONATHAN MCCUAN BURNS, 28, of 131 Evergreen Trial, Apartment B, Cartersville, was charged with the sale of a Schedule II drug.
- JASON LYLE BENNETT, 20, of 330 Roth Lane, Cartersville, was charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute.
The following people were transported to the Whitfield County Jail by ICE:
- ROSEMBER ARGUELLO, 34, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville
- ARON PEREZ-PEREZ, 48, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville
- RAFAEL VELASQUEZ-MORALES, 42, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville
- RIGOBERTO SOLIS-MALDANADO, 44, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville
- RICARDO AGUILAR-HERNANDEZ, 46, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville
- VICTOR HUGO PEREZ-MALDANADO, 22, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville
- REY DAVID DOMINGUEZ-PEREZ, 24, of 15 Summit St., Cartersville
- PABLO ESTALA RODRIGUEZ, 40, of 31 Young St., Cartersville
- ALEJANDRO HERNANDEZ, 29, of 31 Young St., Cartersville
Authorities Arrest 'Major Methamphetamine Dealer'
Earlier this week, agents say they arrested an alleged "major" Bartow County methamphetamine dealer following a traffic stop.
Tuesday about 3 p.m., K-9 officers stopped a car in which Jerry Williams, 56, of 45 Colleen Karen Road in Cartersville, was traveling and allegedly found ice, the crystaline form of methamphetamine.
Drug agents were called in and say Williams was in possession of about 7 ounces of ice, the prescription medication Xanax and cash.
Authorities contacted state probation and a probation search was conducted at Williams’ home and officers seized drug-related items, including needles, smoking devices and scales, according to the release.
Mayton said Williams' arrest was the result of several months of investigation and the street value of the ice allegedly in his possession was about $11,500. He was charged with trafficking methamphetamine, possession of Schedule IV narcotic with the intent to distribute and drugs to be kept in original container.
The investigation is ongoing and authorities expect other arrests in the near future.