.

Cartersville Couple OK After House Explosion

As firefighters battled the blaze, traffic in the eastbound lanes of U.S. 411 was blocked for several hours.

A propane heater catching fire was the reported source of the explosion at the home of Pam and Duard “Buck” Hames. Credit: Patch file
A propane heater catching fire was the reported source of the explosion at the home of Pam and Duard “Buck” Hames. Credit: Patch file
A Cartersville couple escaped serious injury when their house exploded late Tuesday afternoon.

A propane heater catching fire was the reported source of the explosion at the home of Pam and Duard “Buck” Hames.

The Rome News-Tribune reports the incident took place around 4:30 p.m. at the couple’s house located at 5200 U.S. 411 near Martin Road.

As Bartow County firefighters battled the blaze, traffic in the eastbound lanes of U.S. 411 was blocked for several hours.

Read more for the news outlet here.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »