CPD issued this statement last night:
"The Cartersville Christmas parade is scheduled for this Thursday, December 12th. The parade will be preceded by the Jingle Jog that will begin at approximately 5:45 p.m.
"The jog and the parade will leave Tabernacle Baptist Church, travel west over the Church Street bridge, south to Bartow Street then to Main Street, east on Main Street to Stonewall Street where it will turn left and travel north back to Church Street. It will then continue west on Church Street on Tennessee Street to Howard Street where it will turn left and return to the Tabernacle Baptist Church on Douglas Street.
"This event will require these streets to be closed for the duration and have significant impact on vehicle travel. Individuals within this route are urged to use Gilmer Street as an exit route to avoid lengthy delays.
"Motorists needing to avoid traffic delays are urged to use the Porter Street bridge, South Bridge Drive, and West Avenue.
"The Cartersville Police Department requests motorists to be observant to pedestrian traffic in and around the parade to ensure a safe environment. Thank you."
Tell us in the comments below where you'll be on the parade route, share your photos and videos, and don’t miss any of the local news you care about—subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- Look: Map of Cartersville Christmas Parade Route
- Cartersville Christmas Parade Postponed to Dec. 12
- Cartersville Christmas Parade Set for Thursday, Dec. 5
- Cartersville Christmas Tree Lighting; Music, Dance Performances Downtown Before Parade
- Downtown Cartersville Prepares for Saturday's Hometown Christmas
- Downtown Cartersville Businesses Participate in Holiday Storefront Decorating Contest
- Runners, Register for Advocates for Children's Jingle Jog