If it's basketball — specifically the NCAA men's tournament — you'll be watching, keep reading.
You could sit around the house glued to the TV, but you have to eat, right? And a couple of drinks might be nice along with the presence of a few fellow basketball aficionados, right?
That's why we've compiled a couple of top five lists for the best places to watch your favorite teams battle it out on the court.
Our resident sports guy, , said the most glaring omission from his list is , but the place just took on a completely different tone for him when he had a daughter. Here are his picks:
5. – Big TV at the front, but I remember them being pretty pricey.
4. – I know it has a large TV and for Monday night football, it had a potato and soup bar.
3. // – I know they all have TVs, I'd just have to call beforehand and make sure they aren't all tuned to soccer. (Is it racist to say that?)
2. – Yeah, it's commercial, but a lot of screens for easy viewing and probably multiple games.
1. – I'll give the food a number one, but even if it was second-rate I've got a particular fondness for this place going back to the original in Jacksonville, AL, where I crammed 6.5 years of college together for a bachelor's degree. Learned how to debone a wing, though.
Although she doesn't get into the tournament or any sport except for college football, our editor throws her two cents in (for what it's worth). Her picks are:
5. — I'll recommend it, even though Scott would not, simply because of the wings. Oh, and don't forget all the big screen TVs and beer.
4. — It has the TVs and if you're in the mood for barbeque and/or more of a family setting, this could be your spot. I can personally vouch for the chicken and Brunswick stew.
3. — Like Scott said, it's commercial, but you must admit it has a nice bar with TVs and the food is pretty good, especially if you're in the mood for "on-the-border" cuisine. The nachos are my favorite.
2. — The bar area is the perfect setting to watch the match ups, complete with lots of TVs and good views. Try the buffalo chips with your beer, they're one of my favorites.
1. or Game Time West — What could be better to watch the tournament than an actual sports bar?