With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to Hobby Lobby and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to a local florist or gift shop for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to a local museum, such as the Bartow History Museum, Booth Western Art Museum or Tellus Science Museum and pick out a few fun books or trinkets for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Agan's Bakery or Heaven Scent Cakes and order a festive cake or box of cookies or cupcakes that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to local sporting goods shop, such as Athlete's Locker, Blue Sky Outfitter or Play It Again Sports, and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Write! Downtown for monogrammed stationary that makes for a simple, yet personal gift. See for writedowntownga.com for ideas.
- Go to your favorite local salon and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share your ideas in the comments below.
Don’t miss any of the local news you care about. Subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletters and breaking news alerts, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Also check out our Android or iPhone apps for mobile news, business listings, weather forecasts and more.