Do you need a nice, inexpensive gift for someone on your list this year? Check out these suggestions for gifts $15 and under. Also keep in mind that gift cards, which allow you to set your own amount are always the right size.
- Keepsake Ornament: Give that special someone something to remember you by every Christmas. Ornaments come in all price ranges and make the perfect small gift.
- Gift Basket: Putting together a gift basket for under $15 isn't easy, but it can be done. Candy, trinkets from the dollar store or even an assortment of homemade cookies can be part of a fun and inexpensive gift.
- Gift to the Cartersville Children's Shelter: Give a gift in someone else’s honor to Advocates for Bartow's Children, which operates several programs benefiting local needy children and a children's shelter. The charity will send a nice card informing the honoree of the gift. Donate online here.
- Magazine Subscription: One of the most talked about gifts I gave one year was a magazine subscription. The recipient of this gift let me know several times during the year how much they were enjoying this one. How to pull it off? Buy the most recent publication of the magazine you are gifting and wrap it up for a gift under the tree. This is a great present for long distance relatives and it will save you a heap of money on shipping costs!
- Lottery Tickets: The perfect White Elephant gift, a handful of lottery tickets. Pick these up at any of our local service stations and enjoy watching everyone at the party trade around just for the chance to see if they win big.
- iTunes Gift Cards: iTunes gift cards are available in increments as low $10. These make a great stocking stuffer or gift for a friend or teacher.
- Movie Tickets: There are lots of good movies being released in the new year and a gift card to Cartersville's Carmike Cinemas is a perfect idea.
- Gift Cards to the Grocery Store: It may not be glamorous but it sure is useful. Everyone you know buys groceries and with the economy these days anyone would appreciate a little help. Gift cards are available to local grocery stores, including Publix and Kroger.
- Help Your Local Library: Make a donation to the Bartow County Library System's Cartersville Public Library through its Adopt a Book program. You can adopt a book or movie for $25—perfect gift for a couple—and name the recipients as the honorees. Find the form attached.
- Starbucks VIA Christmas Blend: Everyone loves a good cup of coffee so how about picking up a package of Starbucks VIA Christmas Blend at your local Starbucks or order online and save a trip. A 12-serving bag will run you $11.95 so you might can even get a nice mug to accompany this treat.
Tell us what you think in the comments, share your photos and videos, and don’t miss any of the local news you care about—subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.