Unlike many news websites, Patch invites its readers to contribute in more ways than just commenting.
Were you at the scene of one of our reports? Add your photos and videos to our articles by clicking "Upload Photos & Videos." See something interest around town or want to share something with the community? Add pics, video clips and .pdf files to our community gallery.
Want to talk about something that's not in the news? Start a blog.
We can even help you find your lost pet!
Learn the many ways you can share local news and happenings by browsing our "Patch 101" series.
One of the questions we hear most is a request to add an event to our calendar. But you don’t need to wait for us—you can do it yourself in seconds.
- Make sure you’re signed in under your Patch account.
- Go to Cartersville Patch's Events calendar and click on "Add an event."
- Fill out the fields, including the title, date, times, description and address. (Patch tip: Fill in the address form with the complete street address. If the system won’t recognize your location, be sure to use the full street, town, state and ZIP code.)
- Check off the appropriate categories (sports, arts, garage sale, etc.) and fill out any extra info, such as a website site or contact phone number.
- Click "Save" and presto, your event is posted. It will go out in our daily newsletter.
Whether you’re part of a community group, nonprofit, business, school, city or county department, or theater group, we want to know about your upcoming events. And, more importantly, so do your neighbors.
More from Patch 101:
- Patch 101: Celebrate Your Accomplishments
- Patch 101: How Easy It Is To Post on Cartersville Patch
- Patch 101: Making Way for Fall Sports
Don’t miss any of the local news you care about. Subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletters and breaking news alerts, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Also check out our Android or iPhone apps for mobile news, business listings, weather forecasts and more.