1. It looks like a weekend of sunny skies and warmer temperatures, at least during the day, according the National Weather Service forecast. Friday should be clear with a high near 47, but the mercury is expected to fall to a chilly 22 degrees.
2. It’s Valentine’s Day weekend! Instead of flowers and chocolates, why not treat your honey to a scrumptious meal? Check out our suggestions and make some of your own: the .
If you need something to with the kiddos this weekend, check out our .
3. Go ahead and plan your detour before the rush of Monday morning arrives. CSX is planning to do more work on the railroad and this one is likely to affect lots of folks going to and coming from Sugar Valley. Check out the .
4. Thanks to Downtown Development Authority Director Liz Hood for letting us know about this one. At noon, downtown merchants will draw names for .
Get downtown early, look for the red cupid in the windows of shops and restaurants and register! Participants will be entered to Sweet Romance Valentine Package from the Hilton Garden Inn.
5. And just for fun, what do children think about love? Here’s a selection of quotes to make you chuckle:
What do most people do on a date?
“On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.” — Mike, 9
What is falling in love like?
“Like an avalanche where you have to run for your life.” — Roger, 9
What’s your opinion of love?
“Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I have been trying to hide from it since I was 5, but the girls keep finding me.” — Bobby, 8
How do you make love endure?
“Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take out the trash.” — Randy, 8
Courtesy of brownielocks.com