We're back up to the low 90s, according to the National Weather Service. Today is expected to be a bit warmer with a high of 92 and low of 65.
The night holds partly cloudy skies, ahead of possible rain Thursday and through the weekend.
The Hazardous Weather Outlook in effect for some time continues, warning that cloud-to-ground lightning, strong winds and heavy rain are possible with pop-up storms.
Things You Should Know
• The Emerson sports development expected to bring thousands of people and a lot of growth to Bartow County is moving forward. According to , developers yesterday closed the deal on land they purchased for LakePoint Sporting Community and Town Center.
The next steps are to close an inert landfill on the land and begin developing it. Read more about the proposed sporting community here and see the 3-D rendering of Dream Parks at LakePoint attached to this article.
• leaders at their Monday work session hired a teacher who was arrested for, but not convicted of misdemeanor marijuana possession.
According to Calhoun Times, former Sonoraville High School teacher, also a successful wrestling coach, and current teacher Eric Elrod was arrested in April by a Bartow County Sheriff's Office deputy. The deputy reported he pulled over Elrod for a turning violation and smelled marijuana.
Calhoun Times pointed out any misdemeanor crime not one of moral turpitude is not required to be reported to the state agency that certifies and determines a code of ethics for teachers.
The list of other teachers hired by the school system is attached to this article.
• Cartersville Patch is looking for stories about locals affected by the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and their aftermath. Did you join the military because of 9/11? Change political parties? March in a rally? Feel as if you were being profiled amid heighten security procedures?
If the terrorists attacks affected you in any way, we want to hear about it. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment on this article with your story.
As we approach the 10th anniversary of the terrorists attacks, we want to know and share how that day changed your life.
The next meeting this week is set for Thursday when councilmen will gather for a work session and regular business at 6 and 7 p.m., respectively.
What's on the Calendar
Bartow History Museum's happens today.
Here's a selection of other events happening this week:
Don't miss these local headlines, in addition to our regular features:
And these headlines are from :
- Southern Class Cloggers perform at Disney Theme Park
- Trial begins for man accused in deadly shooting
- Lady Colonels still young, just not as inexperienced
Headlines from include: