chaselackey on Instagram pointed out this morning that it's colder in Cartersville than in Antarctica at the South Pole. Not only is it colder, it feels colder.
At 11 a.m., the mercury in Cartersville registered 11 degrees with a wind chill of 2, according to the Weather Channel. The high today is expected to reach 24, but it will feel like 17.
Frost bite and hypothermia are likely if precautions are not taken, according to the National Weather Service.
Thoughts? Tell us in the comments, share your photos and videos, and don’t miss any of the local news you care about—subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
- The 10 Coldest Temps Recorded in Atlanta
- Emergency Shelter Opens for Homeless in Cartersville
- Cartersville City, Bartow Schools Decide on Closings
- Arctic Blast: Cartersville Weather Timeline for Reaching Single-Digit Temps Around 7 Degrees
- Weather Delay for Bartow Schools Employees
- Monday's Weather Forecast Predicts a Danger for Everyone
- Winter Storm Watch: Snow in Store for Cartersville?