A number of Cartersville businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions. Here's a guide to specials in the area.
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies.
- Applebee’s — Free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
- Chili’s — Free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Chili’s is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of seven meals. This offer is available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 11, at participating Chili’s. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service.
- Denny’s — Free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12, 2012. Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12, for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Hooters — Free wings, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Ten free boneless wings with the purchase of a drink for all veterans and active duty military on Nov. 11. Military ID or proof of service required.
- Little Caesars — Free Crazy Bread, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Receive free Crazy Bread with valid ID Nov. 11.
- Longhorn Steakhouse — Free appetizer and drink, Sunday, Nov. 11, and Monday, Nov. 12, 2012. Free Texas Tonion and a non-alcoholic drink for Veterans and military personnel on Nov. 11 and 12.
- Red Lobster — Free appetizer, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Free appetizer to all veterans and active-duty personnel.
- Travel Centers of America — Free Meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. Free Country Pride buffet meal, valued at up to $15, for all CDL drivers who are also military veterans.
- Home Depot: The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veteran’ Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- Lowe’s: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Big Lots: Veterans, active duty, retired and reserve military personnel and their immediate family members with valid ID get a 10 percent discount on purchases.
- All national parks, forests and monuments offer free addmission to all on Veterans Day. Go and enjoy the scenery!
Do you know of other local deals for military personnel and veterans? Tell us in the comments!