Cary, N.C., March 20, 2014 – Kangaroo Express, the leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States, operated by The Pantry, Inc. (Nasdaq: PTRY), today announced it has teamed up with Coca-Cola® to offer $10 off grandstand tickets to 2014 NASCAR races at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Darlington Raceway, Homestead-Miami Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway with the purchase of three Coca-Cola 12-packs. Race fans can unlock the specially priced tickets with a discount code at the checkout counter of participating Kangaroo Express stores. Full details are available on the free Kangaroo Express mobile app.
In conjunction with the discounted ticket promotion, the Coca-Cola NASCAR showcar will visit select Kangaroo Express stores near Atlanta, Charlotte, Daytona, and Talladega NASCAR race tracks. Fans who attend the May Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway will be in for a treat, as they will have the opportunity to meet one of the Coca-Cola Racing Family drivers. Follow Kangaroo Express on Facebook and Twitter to find out when your favorite driver will be at the Kanagroo Express Charlotte Motor Speedway infield store.
For a chance to win an ultimate NASCAR Ride Along Experience, guests can also find a text-to-win code at participating Kangaroo Express stores. The grand prize winner will experience real racing thrills by riding shotgun in a two-seat NASCAR race car driven by a member of the Coca-Cola Racing Family at speeds up to 160 mph. The weekend prize package includes:
· Trip for two to Atlanta with arrival on Aug. 28, 2014 and departure on Sept. 1, 2014
· Grand prize winner will ride around Atlanta Motor Speedway with a member of the Coca-Cola Racing Family on Aug. 28 (must be 18 years of age). The winner’s guest will ride in a car around the Speedway with a Richard Petty Driving Experience Driver (must be 14 years of age)
· Meet-and-greet with all members of The Coca-Cola Racing Family
· Two plane tickets from winner’s closest major airport
· Two passes for trackside hospitality and race day show with driver appearances on Aug. 31, 2014
· Hotel accomodations
· $1,000 total spending cash for the weekend
· Coca-Cola Racing souvenirs
· Transportation to and from the Atlanta airport, track and hotel
**See Official Rules for more details
About The Kangaroo Express and The Pantry
The Pantry’s Kangaroo Express® convenience stores meet the daily food and fuel shopping needs of guests. As of March 13, 2014, the Company operated 1,537 stores in thirteen states under select banners, including its primary operating banner Kangaroo Express. The Pantry is one of the nation’s largest convenience store chains and the leading independently operated chain in the southeastern United States. The Pantry is headquartered in Cary, N.C. For more information, visit www.thepantry.com.
Kangaroo Express offers hot and cold beverages, snacks, fresh foods, gasoline and a wide assortment of merchandise and services for guests’ on-the-go lifestyles. It is home to more than 220 foodservice restaurants, including Subway and Dairy Queen. Kangaroo Express associates are committed to providing store guests with the fastest, friendliest and cleanest shopping experience and embracing communities with campaigns such as Salute Our Troops®, raising millions of dollars for the USO and other military support organizations. For more information, visit www.kangarooexpress.com or visit us on Twitter and Facebook.
Largemouth Communications (on behalf of Kangaroo Express)