Tellus Science Museum's Heavy Metal in Motion happens Saturday, Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The top five things to see and do this year, according to the museum, are:
- See the WSB-TV Storm Chaser Hummer, on site from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Climb in the Georgia State Patrol Tactical Assault Vehicle. We promise it's as cool as it sounds.
- For older "kids" (18 years old and up) take a virtual ride on the Harley Davidson "Jump Start."
- Get up close to two helicopters, one from Georgia State Patrol.
- Take a ride on a train and enjoy hands-on activities and demonstrations.
If You Go
What: Heavy Metal in Motion
Where: Tellus Science Museum, 100 Tellus Dr, Cartersville, GA 30120
When: Saturday, Oct. 19, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Prices: Free for museum members; regular admission for non-members:
- Adults: $14
- Children (ages 3 to 17): $10
- Student with ID: $10
- Active Military with ID: Free
- Seniors (65 and older): $12
- It's going to get loud! Tellus will be cranking up many of the unique vehicles at the annual event. Check out the list of vehicles expected to be shown, above. Having trouble viewing the list on your mobile device? Click here.
- Representatives for the hit Pixar movie "Monsters University" will be handing out goodies in the morning.
Tell us what you think in the comments, share your photos and videos, and don’t miss any of the local news you care about—subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletter, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.