Invite a friend
"We Did This Ourselves: The Community's Effort to Elect a Governor" Special Exhibition
Come to the Bartow History Museum to visit our special Temporary Exhibition: “We Did This Ourselves: The Community's Effort to Elect a Governor”!
In November 1982, Cartersville resident Joe Frank Harris was elected governor of the State of Georgia. In large part, it was through his supporters in Bartow County that led the grass roots campaign that put him in this important role.
Thirty years later, Bartow History Museum features an exhibition that looks back at Harris’ political career and the tremendous effort put forth by the people of Bartow County during the gubernatorial campaign.
This Temporary Exhibition will be on display until February 16, 2013.
* It can be viewed at the Bartow History Museum, during regular Museum hours (Monday-Saturday, 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.; closed Sunday). *
Free to members; included in the price of admission for not-yet-members
|Where||Bartow History Museum 4 E Church St, Cartersville, GA 30120|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Who to bring||College Students, Moms, Dads, Singles, Everyone, Kids, Teens, Families, Seniors|
|Phone||770-382-3818 x 6286|
|Price||free to members; included in price of admission for not-yet-members|
More About Bartow History Museum
In addition to exhibits and programs, which include records, photographs and artifacts documenting the history of Bartow County for more than 200 years, the Bartow History Museum contains archives and research rooms.
The museum's collection begins at the time period when the Native American Cherokee were the area's primary residents. Interactive permanent exhibits detail settlement, Cherokee removal and Civil War strife. Exhibits also show the effects of global events, such as World War II, on Bartow County.
In 2010, the museum relocated to the 1869 Courthouse from its former location at 13 North Wall Street in Cartersville.
Programs include historical workshops, lunch and learn sessions, a summer camp, parents' nights out and a Thursday evening lecture series.
Other events here
- "To Have and To Hold: Wedding Customs and Traditions" Special Exhibition Daily,
- Evening Lecture: About the Euharlee History Museum Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- "Pirates in Bartow" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Mon, Jun 3, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Wed, Jun 5, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Around the World in 4 Days!" Week Long Camp (7-11 y.o.) June 11, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 14, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Cherokee Life" Day Camp (7-11 y.o.) Mon, Jun 17, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Pirates in Bartow" Day Camp (7-11 y.o.) Wed, Jun 19, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Lunch and Learn: Civil War Wedding Stories Wed, Jun 19, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- "Great Explorers" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Mon, Jun 24, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Little Jewelers" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Wed, Jun 26, 9:00 am–12:00 pm