Invite a friend
Tom Clayton Memorial Car Cruize and Summer Concert Series
The free Downtown Summer Concert Series and Tom Clayton Memorial Car Cruize return to downtown Cartersville as combined events on the First Saturdays of each month from May to August.
Concerts start at 7 p.m. The lineup is:
- May 5: Sock Hops
- June 2: Eastern Seaboard
- Aug. 2: Babe’s Bayou
Bring lawn chairs and enjoy an evening in Friendship Plaza. Johnny Mitchell’s and Coconuts will provide food on site, or dine at a favorite downtown restaurant.
Streets set to be closed to accommodate the car shows and concerts are:
- Parking spaces in front of the depot close all day Saturday for vendor setup;
- City Hall parking lot (also known as the fountain lot) closes all day Saturday;
- S. Public Square closes at noon for band and vendor setup;
- S. Public Square parking lot closes from Main St. to Cherokee Ave. from 4 to 10 p.m.;
- N. Wall St. block (or The Grand Theatre block) closes at 5 p.m.; and
- Cherokee Ave. from 4:30 to 9 p.m. closes from Gilmer to Erwin streets.
Ask for Loretta if you'd like to volunteer an hour or more of your time between 2 and 10 p.m. on concert and car show Saturdays.
More About Downtown Development Authority
Located in Cartersville, the Downtown Development Authority provides residents and visitors with resources to local attractions, shopping destinations, dining options, entertainment, historical landmarks and more. The Downtown Development Authority also carries souvenirs, maps, brochures and more.