Invite a friend
Latin American Cultural Tour: Literature of Latin America
Part one of the Latin American Cultural Tour will be presented by Dr. Rafael Ocasio of Agnes Scott College. Dr. Ocasio will present an overview of Latin American literature both in Latin America and the United States. His book, Literature of Latin America, will be available to purchase at the program for $35. The goal of this program is to gain a broader understanding and appreciation for the literature of the region and increase general knowledge of the major authors of Latin America literature.
This project is supported by the Georgia Humanities Council and the National Endowment for the Humanities and through appropriations from the Georgia General Assembly.
|Where||Cartersville Public Library 429 W Main St, Cartersville, GA 30120|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||6:30 pm–8:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Cartersville Public Library
The 44,455-square-foot library facility was expanded in 2006 and has dedicated children's area, a teen area, 36 public computers, an Educational Technology Lab, and Fiction, Non-fiction, Audio Visual and Reference sections.
The facility holds a variety of programs and classes for adults, children and teens, including book chats, homework help and movies. It also has an art gallery which host receptions for artists.
Meeting rooms are free and open to the public. Reservations must made at the library at least two weeks in advance and all maintenance fees or deposits paid.
Friends of the Bartow County Library System also holds meeting at the facility, Bartow County's main library.
Other events here
- A Night with the High Tue, Jun 11, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Mystery of the Trees Wed, Jun 12, 6:30 pm–8:00 pm
- Fiction Book Swap Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Library After Hours: Trivia Night Fri, Jun 21, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Break Ground with Geocaching at the State Parks Tue, Jun 25, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- Environmentally Friendly Pest Management Tue, Jul 9, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Library After Hours: Dead Man’s Chest Mystery Theater Fri, Jul 19, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm