Invite a friend
Give Blood, Save a Life
The Blood Assurance Bloodhound, a mobile blood donation unit, is set to be at Cartersville Medical Center on Sept. 26 from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. near the main entrance.
WHY give blood?
You are giving the gift of time, the gift of another "I love you, Mommy," another chance for us to watch our child grow, another day to make memories.
—Stephanie Ogle, mother of Peyton, age 6
A lot of people don’t know what it’s like to save a life, and they don’t realize giving blood can do that. Take a few minutes out of your day, and save a life.
—Sean Lankster, blood donor
Donors will receive a free T-shirt and will be registered to win a pack of Family Game Night games.
Donating a unit of blood takes 15 to 20 minutes of your time and the facts below may surprise you:
- It takes over 400 donations every day to meet the need for blood in our area.
- One out of every 10 people entering a hospital needs blood.
- The actual blood donation usually takes less than 10 minutes.
- Someone needs blood every 3 seconds in the United States.
- Less than 7 percent of the U.S. population has O-negative blood.
- Someone needs blood every 6 seconds in our area.
- One unit of blood can help as many as three patients.
More About Cartersville Medical Center
The only medical complex in Cartersville, Cartersville Medical Center is a non-smoking facility consisting of a hospital and various treatment facilities. Services include an emergency room, cancer center, doctors' offices and treatment centers.
Other events here
- Alzheimer Support Group June 3, 2013 / July 1, 2013 / August 5, 2013, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm