Invite a friend
Christmas at the Governor's Mansion - BHM Members Only
In conjunction with the current temporary exhibit, "We Did This Ourselves: The Election of Governor Joe Frank Harris," Bartow History Museum members are invited to join us on a special tour of the Georgia Governor's Mansion, on Tuesday, December 11, 2012.
The bus will leave the Bartow History Museum at 9:00 a.m., and following the tour we will enjoy lunch at a nearby restaurant (not included in ticket price) before returning to Cartersville.
Tickets are $25/person and must be purchased in advance in the Gift Shop.
Seating is limited.
***Advanced reservations and ticket purchases are required***
More About Bartow History Museum
In addition to exhibits and programs, which include records, photographs and artifacts documenting the history of Bartow County for more than 200 years, the Bartow History Museum contains archives and research rooms.
The museum's collection begins at the time period when the Native American Cherokee were the area's primary residents. Interactive permanent exhibits detail settlement, Cherokee removal and Civil War strife. Exhibits also show the effects of global events, such as World War II, on Bartow County.
In 2010, the museum relocated to the 1869 Courthouse from its former location at 13 North Wall Street in Cartersville.
Programs include historical workshops, lunch and learn sessions, a summer camp, parents' nights out and a Thursday evening lecture series.
Other events here
- "To Have and To Hold: Wedding Customs and Traditions" Special Exhibition Daily,
- Evening Lecture: About the Euharlee History Museum Thu, May 30, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- "Pirates in Bartow" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Mon, Jun 3, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Wed, Jun 5, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Around the World in 4 Days!" Week Long Camp (7-11 y.o.) June 11, 2013 / June 12, 2013 / June 13, 2013 / June 14, 2013, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Cherokee Life" Day Camp (7-11 y.o.) Mon, Jun 17, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Pirates in Bartow" Day Camp (7-11 y.o.) Wed, Jun 19, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Lunch and Learn: Civil War Wedding Stories Wed, Jun 19, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- "Great Explorers" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Mon, Jun 24, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- "Little Jewelers" Day Camp (4-6 y.o.) Wed, Jun 26, 9:00 am–12:00 pm