Relay, Remembrance on Tap for Sunny Weekend
What do you need to know today? A lot happens in our not-so-little city, but we'll keep you informed.
A partly sunny day is on tap and not a drop of rain is forecast, according to the National Weather Service. The week also is forecast to be sunny and clear.
Expect a high near 79 today and low near 56 tonight. High and low temperatures this weekend should be in the mid 80s and high 50s, respectively.
Things You Should Know
Anthony Heaton on Cartersville UNCUT's team has raised more than $6,000 while battling the disease himself. All teams will continue the goodwill throughout Friday night and Saturday morning with food, good, services and other offerings at Dellinger Park.
Here are some of the high points of the schedule:
- Friday, 4 p.m. Event begins
- 7 p.m. Welcome, Survivors' and Caregivers' Laps
- 9:15 p.m. Parade of Teams
- 9:45 p.m. Luminary Ceremony
- Saturday, 9 a.m. Closing Ceremony
• Sunday at 4 p.m., the community will come together to remember and honor victims of the terrorists attacks of Sept. 11, 2001. As we near the 10th anniversary of attacks, check out these articles
- Remembering a Friend, Childhood
- A Tuesday Morning, 10 Years Ago
- 'Remember September'
- 9/11 Commemorations Take Shape
What's on the Calendar
Get an early start on planning your week and weekend with a selection of events happening this week:
- Relay For Life
- A Bit of British Comedy Fundraiser
- Bartow County Republican Party: Elect Your Candidate!
- Desperate Housewives Women's Conference 2011
- Sept. 11, 2001, Remembrance
Don't miss these local headlines, in addition to our regular features:
- Hospital, Employees Give Back
- R.J. Williams: Rolling By the River
- Survivor Raises More Than $6,000 in Relay for Life
- House Hunt: Homes With In-Law Suites