The foursome accused of making millions in a Cartersville "pill mill" operation is set for trial in January, according to an U.S. Attorney's Office release announcing the Medicine Abuse Project.
A federal grand jury in June 2011 indicted Jason Votrobek, Jesse Violante, Roland Castellanos, Tara Atkins and Dr. James Chapman in connection with the operation of American Medical Group.
The three owners—Votrobek, Violante and Castellanos—along with former office manager Atkins and primary doctor Chapman, are alleged to have conspired to distribute, without legitimate medical purpose, oxycodone to thousands of out-of-state patients, making millions of dollars in profits, according to the release.
- More Details Released in 'Pill Mill' Case
- 'Pill Mill' Defendants Get Bond
- 'Pill Mill' Defendants Plead Not Guilty
- Feds Charge Five in 'Pill Mill' Case
- 'Pill Mills,' Prescription Drug Abuse Hit Home
- Updated: 11 Arrested in 'Pill Mill' Bust
- Council Approves 'Pill Mill' Moratorium