Your old cell phone could become money for the Bartow County Shop With A Cop program.
Bartow County Shop With A Cop has partnered with GRC Wireless Recycling, the largest grassroots cell phone recycler in the United States, to collect old phones. The program will earn up to $30 per cell phone and up to $100 per smartphone. Funds will be earned for every phone donated, regardless of age or condition. GRC currently works with over 6000 organizations in 50 states and has contributed over $8,000,000 to participating organizations.
“Donating a used, unwanted cell phone allows community members to donate to an important cause without reaching into their wallets,” Sheriff Clark Millsap said. “With the hundreds of thousands of used cell phones sitting idly in our community, the fundraising potential is almost limitless.”
Cell phone collection “drop boxes” have been set up at the following locations:
- Bartow County Sheriff’s Office, 104 Zena Drive, Cartersville;
- Cartersville Police Department, 178 West Main Street, Cartersville;
- Emerson Police Department, 700 Georgia Highway 293, Emerson.
The Bartow County Shop With A Cop program gives less privileged kids to do some Christmas shopping side by side with a local law enforcement officer. The funds are provided by the program, and the children are required to spend at least 75 percent of their money on clothing for themselves. The remaining 25 percent can be spent on other merchandise of their choosing.
This year’s program will be held on December 15 and will start with a catered breakfast for all participants at the Clarence Brown Conference Center before taking a police escorted motor coach ride through Cartersville, ending at Walmart.
To participate as a cell phone collection site, call Hollie McKamey at 770-382-5050, ext. 6034.