View Cherokee, Carter Railroad Crossing in a larger map
CSX is set next week to replace two railroad crossings in Cartersville, according to officials at City Hall.
The crossings on Carter Street and Cherokee Avenue will be closed from July 16 to 20.
The Carter Street crossing is scheduled to be torn out first on Monday, and Cherokee Avenue will be addressed immediately following. Weather permitting, the crossings will be finished by July 20.
Due to several nearby streets, no detour will be provided.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Area Funeral Director Dies in I-75 Crash in Emerson
- Public Drunk, Meth Sales in Cartersville, Bartow Arrests
- Distributing Drugs, Stealing Alleged in Cartersville Arrests
- Public Indecency, Cruelty to Children in Crime
- Alleged Hammer Blows to Head Send Men to Hospital, Jail; Woman Thinks She Was Knocked Out, Robbed