A Sunny Valentine's Day
What do you need to know today? A lot happens in our not-so-little city, but we'll keep you informed.
1. Looks as if a week of warmer weather is in store.
According to the National Weather Service forecast, the high temperature Monday should reach 63, and for the rest of the week the high ranges from 59 to 67 degrees.
Expect sunny skies and a low Monday of 32. Low temperatures the rest of the week are expected to be not quite so chilly, from 36 to the mid-40s.
2. County schools begin Monday with longer days to account for two of the six snow days accumulated so far. See the details here.
3. CSX construction will stop traffic Monday and Tuesday on Sugar Valley Road, so plan your detour before you leave.
4. It’s Valentine’s Day! Instead of flowers and chocolate, why not treat your honey to a scrumptious meal? Try our list of the 5 Most Romantic Restaurants or other suggestions for great eats we've received from readers: Knights and Slopes.
5. And a Valentine’s fun fact to top off the list: Did you know about 1 billion valentines are exchanged in our country each year—it's the largest seasonal card-sending occasion of the year next to Christmas.