No one was injured in a fire sparked today by a window air conditioning unit that kept flipping the breaker, Bartow County Fire Department Capt. Chad Holland said.
The only person home at the time, a woman, attempted to put out the blaze, but called 911 when it "got out of hand," Holland said. No one was hurt.
The mobile home off Saddle Club Drive in Cartersville near Bartow County Saddle Club sustained damage.
Following record-breaking heat and related warnings, Cartersville began to cool—but not by much. National Weather Service logs today's high at 93 and predicts temps will reach the high 90s the rest of the week.