3 Charged in Church Burglary
All three suspects in the Grace Baptist Church break-in were caught on surveillance allegedly trying to use stolen bank cards.
- June 4, 2012
Bartow County Sheriff’s Office authorities this morning announced the arrests Shea Elizabeth Howell, 27; Charla Alexia Obanion, 30; and Kevin Winfield Harris, 34, all of Cartersville, on burglary and multiple financial transaction card fraud charges.
Sheriff Clark Millsap said in a press release that $1,000 in cash was stolen, not the originally reported $8,000. Several church credit cards were taken and two safes were damaged in addition to several interior doors of the church offices.
The trio charged were caught on various surveillance systems using or attempting to use the stolen cards, which were recovered during the arrests.
All three are currently booked into the Bartow County jail awaiting bond hearings, but Obanion could face more charges in connection with a stolen check found in her property at her arrest. It's connected to a separate Bartow County Sheriff’s Office theft report.
Howell previously was arrested by Cartersville police on drug possession charges and Harris turned himself in Saturday.
See More on Patch
- Pair Plead Guilty, Get Prison Time in Law Office Robbery
- Man Allegedly Grew 39 Marijuana Plants Near Park
- Man Charged in Alleged Punch That Broke Teen's Jaw
- Witnesses: Robber Hits Dollar General Wearing Toboggan, Yellow Panties Over His Face
- Cartersville Man, Woman Charged with Murder after Roommate Found Dead