- Organization: American Red Cross
- Causes: Civic
- Date(s): Volunteers are needed on a continual basis to respond to local, state and national disasters.
- Contact person: Sharman Turner, Vol. Coordinator or Arlene Whybark, Bartow Team Captain
- Phone: 770-382-0981
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: nwgaredcross.org
Disaster Services volunteers respond to assist local residents with immediate needs of shelter and other neccesities after incidents such as house fires. Volunteers may also help with sheltering, feeding and support activities in large disasters, locally, statewide or even nationally. Local volunteer teams are on call 24/7/365.
Volunteers are required to pass a background check, make an application and take classes which would qualify them to work in a number of different jobs on a disaster.
For more information call our Cartersville office at 770-382-0981 or our Volunteer Coordinator, Sharman Turner at 706-291-6648 in our Rome office.